You have a lovely community…
It’s time to invite people to see it.
Years ago, I heard Elaine Wilson, who started the Kentucky Trail Town Program, recount a story. She was talking to a couple of community champions who said that a lot of cyclists just zip by without visiting their town. Without missing a beat, Elaine asked, “Well, have you invited them in?”
I’ve never forgotten Elaine’s seemingly simple question. It fits with what we all know about marketing trail communities. The onus is on us to entice trail users into town. And we also must invite local residents out to the trail. This is why one of my services includes marketing places, helping people to consider what’s special about their community and how to share that story to others.
- Industrial Heartland Trails Coalition Marketing Strategy
- Industrial Heartland Trails Coalition Trail Trips and Story Maps
- The Heart of Our Community video (subcontractor to Think Out Loud Productions)
- Beaver Falls Change Agents feature (best viewed on a desktop)
- Tagalong mobile walking tours (Apollo, Freeport, Leechburg, Vandergrift, Saltsburg)
- Rebel Rebel Float Trip for the Mon River Towns program
- South Side Soup Contest (when I marketed Pittsburgh’s Historic South Side)